What did we find out?
Based on about 200,000 ratings from about 34,000 people we found that:
- Longer whoopee cushion sounds are funnier. The funniest sound was extremely long (7 second) sound. The least funny were very short sounds. So better to sit down on a whoopee cushion slowly?
- Sounds with a whinny quality were funnier
- The sounds got funnier the more you listen to
- Younger people found whoopee sounds funnier than older people
- People in Europe find whoopee cushion sounds funnier than Americans
- Small changes in pitch didn't affect how funny the sounds were
All I have to do now, is write this up for Nature.